Work began by trimming the baulk walls in the northern extension, in preparation for the closing of Locus 12 and the trench itself. Once the baulk walls were trimmed, the floor of the entire trench was swept, for the trench will be drawn and photographed. While sweeping down the trench, an orangeware handle was removed (Find #1). Once the trench was swept down, closing elevations for Loci 7 , 8 , 9 , and 12 were taken, which were closed.
Closing Elevations :
- NW corner: 12.57S/1.69W, 16cm a.d.
- 12.37S/0.30W, 8cm b.d.
- NE corner: 11.92S/1.17E, 6cm b.d.
- SE corner: 13.19S/0.86E, 9cm b.d.
- 13.64S/0.10W, 2cm b.d.
- SW corner: 13.71S/1.27W, 12cm a.d.
- NW corner: 13.79S/0.05W, 2cm b.d.
- NE corner: 13.19S/0.86E, 10cm b.d.
- SE corner: 15.25S/1,88E, 11cm b.d.
- SW corner: 14.86S/0.14E, 1cm b.d.
- NW corner: 13.71S/1.27W, 30cm a.d.
- NE corner: 13.79S/0.05W, 7cm a.d.
- SE corner: 14.86S/0.14E, 11cm a.d.
- SW corner: 15.50S/0.92W, 11cm b.d.
- NW corner: 11.60S/2.00W, 20cm a.d.
- NE corner: 11.23S/0.08W, 5cm a.d.
- SE corner: 12.14S/0.19E, 0.08cm b.d.
- SW corner: 12.57S/2.27W, 0.16cm a.d.
After elevations, the western baulk wall was strung with string in order to differentiate the different soil packages/strata, which were then Munselled. This was done in preparation for the drawing of the cross section by the architect.
An architectural drawing was made of the trench, so that it may be placed on the site plan.
- Tile: 1/2 bowl
- Pottery: 27 sherds
- Bone: 2 pieces
|Property or Relation||Value(s)|
[Standard: Dublin Core Terms]
Open Context editors work with data contributors to annotate datasets to shared vocabularies, ontologies, and other standards using 'Linked Open Data' (LOD) methods.
The annotations presented above approximate some of the meaning in this contributed data record to concepts defined in shared standards. These annotations are provided to help make datasets easier to understand and use with other datasets.
To the extent to which copyright applies, this content
carries the above license. Follow the link to understand specific permissions
Required Attribution: Citation and reference of URIs (hyperlinks)